BBC Future takes a look of what will likely happen in the far future, from 1,000 years to one hundred quintillion (100,000,000,000,000,000,000) years.
The following are some notable predictions that are frightening:-
- 2,000 yrs – Greenland’s ice sheet will have melted (assuming aggressive global warming).
- 13,000 yrs – The Earth will have rotated, with the Northern hemisphere facing the Sun. This will cause more extreme weather and devastation.
- 20,000 yrs – Chernobyl will finally be deemed SAFE!
- 5,000,000 yrs – MEN will become extinct due to the disappearance of the Y chromosome.
- 1,000,000,000 – The Sun’s luminosity becomes SO strong that life cannot survive on Earth.
Better write some of this stuff into my diary 😉